Scandinavia and the World
advert
Love Snake satwcomic.com

Love Snake


The English tried to get rid of snakes in India by offering money for dead snakes, and the Indians responded by simply breeding them. When the English found out they stopped paying for dead snakes, so the snake breeders just released them into the wild, and the English ended up having an even bigger snake problem.

24th February 2015

Tagged in India England


Share Scandinavia and the World:





Latest comic in your News Feed:

advert
advert

We have an awesome newsletter with 3,245 subscribers!

Latest comic news
Merchandise news
Iceland's Demon Cat
and more!


 
176 Comments:
 
sort by: direction:
Giraffe

14 O
1 year ago #9415159        
2

0

 

BOW CHICKA WOW WOW



5 months ago #9532882        
1

0

 

this history is too damn accurate XD



7 months ago #9507784        
1

0

 

Great job, England.
Next time, come up with a better plan.



Sirsir

21 M
11 months ago #9469901        
1

0

 

I had no idea snake breeding was that... personal ;)



11 months ago #9468290        
1

0

 

haaaaaaa suckaaaas



1 year ago #9428434        
1

0

 

It reminds me of the story of St. Patrick wiping out of all of the snakes in Ireland. Why would you want that? What did the poor snakes ever do to you. Don't you think they had it hard enough living in an environment that far north.

show replies




1 year ago #9407665        
1

0

 

This reminds me of a story that was told to me by my dad which relates to this story. Here it is my great grandfather back when he was a kid in Chicago my grandfather would catch all the pigeons he could and sell them to the local Asian chef for a I think a penny each or nickle I can't remember but he soon got the idea breed them and then sell them because it was easier to do then catching them.



2 years ago #9361690        
1

0

 

@BrainHigh You're right, actually, especially when road accidents are included. Apparently only about 9% of deaths annually are due to injury, but another 2.7% is due to road accidents, for a total of 11.7%, compared to 2.9% for diarrhoeal diseases, and a much smaller percentage for malaria (although, it should be said, malaria is still responsible for about 15% of deaths in sub-Saharan Africa). So, at least nowadays, humans are the leading cause of death for humans; but over the course of human history, mosquitoes have killed more people total than humans have. Interesting stuff!
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs310/en/

@AlephFIN It's true that the decline in flying insects is already taking its toll on birds in North America (http://www.bsc-eoc.org/download/BWCwi08.pdf), but it's a little hazier on whether mosquitoes specifically constitute a keystone species or not, at least for birds - mosquito *larvae* are a pretty well recognised important food source for fresh water fish and turtles (http://labs.russell.wisc.edu/mosquitosite/bats-and-birds/ ). There's also a debate on whether the types of mosquitoes that a) bite humans and b) spread disease are a keystone species or not, because there's 3,000 different types of mosquitoes and less than a dozen of them can harm humans (http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-27765974). But it's interesting stuff!



3 days ago #9600460        
0

0

 

Lmao. India finds a Loophole. England is pissy.



14 days ago #9595610        
0

0

 

I LOVE SNAKES! I saw this albino baby snake in the pet store once, but my dad is scared of snakes and he said no....



Add comment: Please Sign in or create an accout to comment.

View all 176 comments