I'm Dayvi, I run the Scandinavia and the World website (and write the odd strip). I've recently made some changes to the look of the site. You can comment below if you like.
- The website now has a blue background. This is because not everyone uses f.lux or night mode, and the white can become too much. I went for a light blue, as it goes with the current theme, while not contrasting with the white of the comic.
- Strips are now left aligned (on desktop), giving space on the right for promotions and links to more content (soon). This is not set in stone, so if you don't like it please give feedback. A future goal for the right side is to show off fan art, fact cards, and the upcoming postcards/penpals.
- Shadows, shadows all over the place! A design trend of 2018 is to not use boarder lines and instead use shadows.
- Changed the 'report comment' button to have a little pop out, so people don't press it by accident as much.
- A new links bar has been added, appearing under the main menu on mobile and above it on desktop. This little links bar gives us a place to promote new things more prominently.
Next up for a redesign is the comments section. Avatars will be changed to squares, so that they can flex and fit better on small screens, along with a much better layout. Upvote and downvote buttons will also be instant and not load a whole new page.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments.