Follow Scandinavia and the World:
Facebook   Twitter   Tumblr

Comments :

Hyddan93

21 M
Topic: SkandiForum 8 12 minutes ago #9292755

Och Alliansen har valt Kristdemokraterna att gå först ut och säkra läget: http://www.dn.se/debatt/sa-kan-vi-minska-kostnaden-for-flyktingmottagandet/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=page

Förståeligt de har ju inget att förlora då de lär åka ur riksdagen i nästa val.

TigreVorn

998 M

Online Now
Topic: Where is this? [guessing game] 15 minutes ago #9292754

@mewmewcupake So was it Bosnia-Hercegovina or not?

Finn123

20 M
Topic: What's on your mind #77 22 minutes ago #9292753

@Dorena You have bodily functions too so whether you notice it or not, sometimes gas comes out of your ass :stare:

Topic: Ask anything about the Jewish people (number 2) 28 minutes ago #9292752

@EnglishCheeseMan
Why do you suddenly talk about homosexuals, I agree that they have it pretty shitty in Russia.. but how does that connect to jews?

Russians are probally just uneducated, making stereotypes run rampant I guess + Orthodox Church... I dunno... Russia can burn for all I care, I'm done with them.

Topic: Ask about France! 36 minutes ago #9292751

@FinGer2 I actually pay nothing because I have a scolarship that allow me not to pay it but if I had for my year it would be 186euros. I know that my brother pay more (maybe a hundred more). It depend in which university and what you want to study (but it's rarely more han 300)
The thing is, If the university is financed by the governement it's in this range of price but if the university is financed by other people it can be more expensive.
For the public transport, it isn't the same for every area but in mine you still pay public transport even with a scolarship (less expensive but still) so foreign studens have to pay that too

Levinor

30 M

Online Now
Topic: What's on your mind #77 41 minutes ago #9292750

@AmericanButterfly yes, but I know how it feels, it's like loosing a little part of your childhood.

Topic: What's on your mind #77 47 minutes ago #9292749

@Levinor these things happen never knew the guy personally so it's not my lost.

Rena

16 F

Online Now
Topic: Ask anything about Palestine 54 minutes ago #9292748

@Alvarin_il

I should apologise for responding angrily without thinking in #9292681. Sorry, I didn't read what you said properly.

Levinor

30 M

Online Now
Topic: The 6th selfie thread! (NIL) 1 hour ago #9292747

Hermmm I came here to see your faces full of acne and only find pictures of guns ... And they haven't been placed by US people!!

Filipa

37 M
Moderator
Topic: @Filipa 2 1 hour ago #9292746

@Jacob
I understand what you mean. I'll give it some thought...

Topic: A Talk with Bopnan #31 1 hour ago #9292745

@Bopnan ..good morning

Levinor

30 M

Online Now
Topic: Where is this? [guessing game] 1 hour ago #9292744

Is this alive?

I think it's Spain.

Welcome to OH NO 1 hour ago #9292743

@Zervo, this is sadly not the case in Denmark among the female immigrants. I was following this series on the radio about how well we integrate in Denmark and the guy said that while we were more or less successful, among the original female immigrants we had failed to such an extent that it should be raised as an issue with the government.

From http://www.dst.dk/pukora/epub/upload/19004/indv.pdf (Danish National Statistics):
"For de ikke-vestlige indvandrere er underbeskæftigelsen markant højere blandt kvinder end mænd. For kvinderne ligger beskæftigelsen 43 pct. lavere end hvis de havde haft beskæftigelse som kvinder med dansk oprindelse. For mændene svarer underbeskæftigelsen til 33 pct"

It loosely translates to: "Among non-Western immigrants underemployment is significantly higher among women than men. For women, the employment rate is 43 per cent lower than women of Danish origin. The male underemployment rate corresponds to 33 per cent".

Now, we've had a financial crisis and we're slowly working ourselves out of it but it doesn't explain everything. Integration is essential for anyone coming to a new place and we, as a society, need to be better at securing these women jobs - it's one of the most effective ways of getting to know the culture you're living in. We can't just abandon them at home with poor language skills and no jobs; that way they'll never truly know what a wonderful place this country of mine can be <3

The Original Nordics 2 hours ago #9292742

They look so awesome CX

Levinor

30 M

Online Now
Topic: What's on your mind #77 2 hours ago #9292741

So sad @AmericanButterfly :(
I'm so sorry for your lost.

Levinor

30 M

Online Now
Topic: Neat statues of your home towns! 2 hours ago #9292740

Less than a month a go I discovered the monument to the spanish cape in Valencia...

image

Jacob

17 M
Topic: @Filipa 2 2 hours ago #9292739

@Filipa If something is infinitely good it can not also be evil. Something that is 100% white can not also be black.

Topic: What's on your mind #77 2 hours ago #9292738

I just found out the Author of one of my favorite childhood books and tv show base on the show ok I'll save some typing and say

The author of Clifford the Big Red Dog, Norman Bridwell passed away at 86 on Dec 12, 2014
I only found out today it's sad may he rest in peace I haven't read the books or watch the t.v show in years but I remember loving the books and tv show as a kid growing up, maybe since the show was on PBS Kids and you don't need cable to watch that channel is why I liked the show so much it was one of my favorites.

Filipa

37 M
Moderator
Topic: @Filipa 2 2 hours ago #9292737

@Jacob
I don't understand how infinite benevolence excludes the ability to commit evil.

Levinor

30 M

Online Now
Topic: What's on your mind #77 2 hours ago #9292736

I should have slept before ... Six hours is not enough ....

Flag Day Every Day 2 hours ago #9292735

@txag70 I wouldn't know, we don't use those much for meat production...

Levinor

30 M

Online Now
Topic: Eurovision, seriously? 2 hours ago #9292734

@Iateapenguin
Ok, I can understand if it's a matter of laugh. But I remember that in 2008 when from Spain we sent a comedian who had invented a character, quite pathetic, were many people who took it as an insult ...

@Ghostsoul
That's too much silly, friend...

@devyn
Oh, yeah, that's fun. But predictable, since they are incapable of music .... trollololo.

Humm... Maybe we should do a contest where we can meet together and which is not necessary to interpret lousy songs ... I do not know .... Eurobeer? ... Eurowine? Well... If we do Eurowine you, my northen brothers, will end the contest without a clue... ehem... ehem... jk :D

@Smithi
Oh dear! The thing you have with Eurovision worth a psicologycal study. But your soooo cute! May be crazy as hell, but cute!

Topic: What's on your mind #77 2 hours ago #9292733

@Jacob
Looks like you're set for the finals! Good on ya! Good luck buddy!

I'm alright so far, taking care of paperwork and stuff.

Jacob

17 M
Topic: @Filipa 2 2 hours ago #9292732

@Filipa Omnibenevolence is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as "unlimited or infinite benevolence", if god is this way by nature (which is implied by the bible) then he is unable to commit evil and therefore can not be omnipotent as he is not capable of doing something. There's also the issue of god committing acts that are arguably immoral...

Flag Day Every Day 3 hours ago #9292731

@nroejb @Mojo
The tree is real enough, explanation here #9292111

Topic: What's on your mind #77 3 hours ago #9292730

RULES OF NATURE

Filipa

37 M
Moderator
Topic: @Filipa 2 3 hours ago #9292729

@Jacob
Being omnipotent is being capable of doing everything, good and evil. I see being omni-benevolent as, while being omnipotent, choosing not to do evil, but to only do good.
And being omnipresent is being able to be everywhere at once, but why do you say that God can't be in only one place at once?

Jacob

17 M
Topic: What's on your mind #77 3 hours ago #9292728

@mewmewcupake D:

Topic: What's on your mind #77 3 hours ago #9292727

@Jacob
I'm glad that you like it I always get a D in it. Always.

Jacob

17 M
Topic: @Filipa 2 3 hours ago #9292726

@Filipa It's not likley though :p and it's kinda a baseless postive assertion :p