Follow Scandinavia and the World:
Facebook   Twitter   Tumblr

Comments :

Topic: Proudswede chat 10 7 minutes ago #9252933

@Tashie what? You make no sense

Close Call 12 minutes ago #9252932

I've always thought of Scotland and England as cousins, with England dating a hypothetical "Sister Scotland" and Scotland being angry that his sister likes England so much. I think that reflects the split relationship rather well, especially given that the division is heavily geographic (the southern regions and Edinburgh voted heavily "No," while Glasgow & environs voted "yes" and the "no" was weaker in the Highlands as well.)

Impkat

23 F
Moderator
Topic: US States and Territories... 28 minutes ago #9252931

@Montanahasinternet
It wasn't even a snowboarding accident. It was just me being an idiot and getting my leg caught on a railing.. God, I was so lame..

Filipa

24 F
Moderator
Topic: What's on your mind #70 31 minutes ago #9252930

@Amerikhastan
What is what?

Filipa

24 F
Moderator
Topic: What's on your mind #70 31 minutes ago #9252929

@EnglishCheeseMan
On British TV? I don't know. I watch it on streaming websites, which aren't illegal in France. I don't really know about the British law on it.

Tashie

16 O

Online Now
Topic: Proudswede chat 10 38 minutes ago #9252928

@ProudSwede
Stop dodging the countrywide backlash about hen pronouns, you very well know it was a thing.

Topic: A Talk with Bopnan #20 49 minutes ago #9252927

@Bopnan good morniing

gemsfan

21 F
Close Call 55 minutes ago #9252926

Quebec's referendum in 1995 on sovereignty was 50.58% voting "No" and 49.42% voting "Yes." Although now the separatists sentiments are low but they are never gone.

Topic: US States and Territories... 58 minutes ago #9252925

@Impkat something similer happened to me, I was skiing when I crashed and sprained and fractured my left wrist. It's never been the same ;-;7

Topic: The Pussy Thread! (May be NSFW...) 1 hour ago #9252924

here is Ollie with my headphones on him to show he's not gigantic

image

and here is Ollie saying hi

image

Laominos

16 M
Party time 1 hour ago #9252923

I think we all made that mistake at one point.

Calguy

19 M
Topic: US States and Territories... 1 hour ago #9252922

Though the idea of each state/region getting a character seems like an awesome idea, but its possible it would seem like an inside joke to anyone not intimately familiar with America. Hell, I wouldn't be able to tell a number of Eastern and Midwestern states apart! I can picture a comic where king Europe asks America's opinion on a controversial issue, and America then proceeds to have a metal breakdown as the various factions (voices in his head and/or angel/devils on his well-built shoulders) attempt to tear each other limb from limb.

Elzo

22 M
Surprise party 1 hour ago #9252921

@Phea
Jabłka na śniegu
Jabłka na śniegu
XD

Close Call 1 hour ago #9252920

As an American, I can honestly say that I didn't really have a dog in the race, but I nevertheless hoped that the United Kingdom would remain United. Though I guess that even if Scotland packed up its shit and went home, there'd still be Wales and Northern Ireland to keep England company, but still.

I guess from a cynical standpoint, one could say that you'd be hard-pressed to find a firmer ally of the United States who isn't warming our ears, and seeing our allies weakened would in turn weaken us.

Ah well, c'est la vie.

Also: re: American secessionism? Quite frankly, I'm so tired of hearing about it that I'm about ready to say that we should fortify the military bases, major metropolitan areas and anything relating to NASA, and kick out everything else south of the Mason-Dixon line and east of Nevada. Or, as was said, "Take Mississippi and begone."

Topic: SkandiForum 7 1 hour ago #9252919

@Hyddan93
"Dessutom så har jag anledning att vara pessimistisk"

Ja ja, men du kan vel godt forstå at jeg ikke gider et pessimistisk svar til en nyhed med et positivt budskab. Det ødelægger den gode stemning.

Impkat

23 F
Moderator
Topic: US States and Territories... 2 hours ago #9252918

@America-sama
I use to snowboard in middle school, but then I injured my knee. So it's been many years.

I'm leaning more towards Minnesota being the female one, and the male being Brother Minnesota.

Close Call 2 hours ago #9252917

@America-sama
She has already commented on it:

~9252787

Jacob

17 M
Topic: 5th Selfie Thread (Post your selfies here!) 2 hours ago #9252916

@flashninja what's the paper on

Close Call 2 hours ago #9252915

If England really loves Scotland, he should go out and buy him some chocolate and some nice stuff, and not just generally ignore him!

Topic: US States and Territories... 2 hours ago #9252914

@Impkat Are you a snowboarder like your drawing of Sister Minnesota? Which one is the main Minessota? Should I just call her Minessota and call him Brother Minnesota or the other day ay around?

Calguy

19 M
Close Call 2 hours ago #9252913

@txag70 in the middle of nowhere in Texas? that is an awful lot of it. You guys have a lot of empty space. Granted there is empty space in southern cali, but that is because they all died from lack of water.

Topic: What's on your mind #70 2 hours ago #9252912

@Filipa It still is. //

Topic: 5th Selfie Thread (Post your selfies here!) 2 hours ago #9252911

@EnglishCheeseMan
I'm already behind and so tomorrow and Thursday Im gonna be hauling ass

RenatoQG

18 M
Close Call 2 hours ago #9252910

we should just wait a few years more.....maybe then the majority willl want their independence

txag70

19 M
Close Call 2 hours ago #9252909

@Percival The liberal part of Texas? (does double-take) That exists? Do you mean Austin (which isn't really liberal as much as it is cosmopolitan)? I live in the middle of nowhere in Texas, so this is a bit tongue in cheek.

Topic: 5th Selfie Thread (Post your selfies here!) 2 hours ago #9252908

@Smithi
No it gets taken sometimes and I have to find another place

Impkat

23 F
Moderator
Topic: How do you measure intelligence 3 hours ago #9252907

@Aurinkolasit
No problem.

Impkat

23 F
Moderator
Topic: US States and Territories... 3 hours ago #9252906

@America-sama
Hicks with snow? XD Haven't heard that one before. I usually hear the happy sounding blondes who are dangerously liberal stereotype. (Aside from when we drive. We're apparently horribly mean drivers) Socially conservative but politically liberal is pretty accurate.

Fucking love Ole and Lena. Pfft.

In other news, I'm actually drawing up a comic about Minnesota. I should hopefully be done with it soon :D

Close Call 3 hours ago #9252905

@Iateapenguin Check out this awesome new comic!

Topic: How do you measure intelligence 3 hours ago #9252904

@Impkat
Thanks for the clarification.