Scandinavia and the World
Advert

Comments :

MeddlingAmerican

777 F

Topic: Ask anything about Brazil 11 minutes ago #9352940

@serverbot

So this happened: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia_accident

Has the Brazilian education system stepped up its efforts to educate people about the dangers of radioactive equipment since then?

Topic: Ask anything about Palestine #2 13 minutes ago #9352939

@ferduzi Yes technically.

Filipa

24 F
Moderator
Topic: @Filipa 2 15 minutes ago #9352938

@Diogo
Heheh! Feliz dia 25 de Abril (quase atrasado). Como foi o teu dia?

MeddlingAmerican

777 F

Topic: Ask anything about Iran(Persia) 18 minutes ago #9352937

@IranLovesYou
So does the government have plans to educate the public on the dangers of radioactive material once it becomes available for medical treatment?
Because lack of education leads to things like thieves stealing radioactive equipment and this sort of thing:

Cakeofdoom

16 M

Topic: Political Philosophy? 19 minutes ago #9352936

@Dalamard
Then why did you make me? :P

MeddlingAmerican

777 F

Topic: Ask anything about Japan :3 24 minutes ago #9352935

@MrsInuzuka
Ah! You're back! Thank you!

Topic: Ask anything about Japan :3 24 minutes ago #9352934

@MeddlingAmerican
Sorry! I've been away for so long. I don't get on here anymore. But yes, it's true.

Australian-Person

15 M

Topic: A chinwag with Australian-Person 29 minutes ago #9352933

@NotsoawesomeAmerica
Aren't they based on methane released from swamps?

Topic: Howdy 30 minutes ago #9352932

@mimabe no problem. I love that song

Topic: A chinwag with Australian-Person 30 minutes ago #9352931

@Australian-Person I don't think that they're common outside of England

Iron Lady 35 minutes ago #9352930

Finland knows what's up.

mimabe

24 M

Topic: Howdy 37 minutes ago #9352929

@NotsoawesomeAmerica #9352910 Hey there, thanks for the nod.

Australian-Person

15 M

Topic: A chinwag with Australian-Person 37 minutes ago #9352928

@NotsoawesomeAmerica
How common are sightings of Will 'o the wisp?

I know it's meant to be common in Britain.

Dalamard

28 M
Topic: Political Philosophy? 40 minutes ago #9352927

@Cakeofdoom there is nothing as unfunny as someone trying to defend their own jokes...

Topic: Erik the Red and White's mead hall 58 minutes ago #9352926

Topic: Double standards in modelling (NSFW?) 1 hour ago #9352923

@Rizzy423
hahahaha

Jacob

17 M

Topic: Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire thread.NSFW 1 hour ago #9352922

@Vivimusic I suspect he will have a shocker death in Dorne and it will be one of those "non-book deaths" D&D were talking about

sigmatta

25 M
Topic: What's on your mind #87 1 hour ago #9352921

Do british really have food called "spotted dick"?

MeddlingAmerican

777 F

Topic: Social Media Shaming 1 hour ago #9352920

@Grahor
Oh wow... I never knew any of that. Thank you. Wow.

Jacob

17 M

Topic: What's on your mind #87 1 hour ago #9352919

@Finn123
" okay "

Cakeofdoom

16 M

Topic: Political Philosophy? 1 hour ago #9352918

@Dalamard
Thank you mr. smart ass, but Marie Antoniette saying "let them eat cake" is a part of pop culture which makes it a wonderful false quote to use for bad jokes, which was what my comment was.

Topic: Erik the Red and White's mead hall 1 hour ago #9352917

@EricTheRedAndWhite I thought I did. *Shrugs and hands over a five* and an extra .50C for making you suffer my company.

Grahor

40 M
Topic: Social Media Shaming 1 hour ago #9352916

"But what about others like yahoo?"

Same. Every single email provider have implemented similar precautions for many years already.

"So unless you download a file from the e-mail then you won't be infected and hacked?"

Yes. You can't be hacked with a e-mail unless you download and run a file from that email.

Some other ways to get a virus exist (if you pirate games or software, for example, or someone will give you an infected flash drive, or some other special cases), but all of them are based on you doing something very-very wrong.

"Then you are saying that people who have only communicated online with each other can still track each other down regardless of whether they can hack into the others computer or not?"

I can't hack into your computer. But if I had a lot of money, I could find a person who is running this site (they have their official address and name in open access) and bribe him with a lot of money, or threaten to broke his legs if he refuses, to give me your IP access (every forum admin, and probably moderators, have access to your IP). In fact, I could just bribe a moderator...

Then, with your IP, I could find your provider, and bribe, or threaten, a relatively small clerk in your provider's firm. Say, a tech support guy. He or she would find an official document, contract, you or your family has with the provider, based on your IP address (those clerks have access to that documentation, they need it for work). That contract has your (or your family's) real name, address of the house you live in - all the information I need.

That only works if your IP address is permanent, for you. If it's not, it becomes more complicated. I would need a log of internet activity of the whole network of your provider, and I'll likely have to bribe (or threaten) one of network admins of your provider, to get it. From that log, based on your internet activity, I'll discover unique MAC address of the physical piece of equipment that is connected to the network, and then, based on that, I can find your contract and get your real name and address.

That, by the way, it is how real life, criminal "hacking" usually works. You don't "hack" into someone's computer. You bribe someone (in this case it may be just two people - forum's moderator and your provider's tech support guy) and get the information you need without doing anything computer-related. That's how real hackers, not children with stupid viruses, usually work.

But it takes time and money, and nobody is going to do it unless they could really profit from it... or unless they are government. :)

Topic: Erik the Red and White's mead hall 2 hours ago #9352915

@NotsoawesomeAmerica
Sure. If you pay me the 4.50 $ the mead costs.

Topic: Erik the Red and White's mead hall 2 hours ago #9352914

@EricTheRedAndWhite okay! ^-^ can I still stay and chat?
*drinks the now stale mead*

Topic: Erik the Red and White's mead hall 2 hours ago #9352913

@NotsoawesomeAmerica
Salmiakki was not even invented in the Viking Age, so not Viking food. Cloudberries is right, but there's much more in Viking food than just that.

You have dollars? Then pay me 4.50 $, and you don't owe me anymore.

Dalamard

28 M
Topic: Political Philosophy? 2 hours ago #9352912

@Cakeofdoom Marie Antoniette never said that. She was known for caring for the lower classes...

Finn123